At KLA Brickell, we offer the children endless ways to build knowledge. Our Enrichment components such as physical education, Atelier, Spanish, and music enhance our curriculum and are part of the children’s daily experiences. We also have choices for Extra Curricular activities which we offer after school.
The following enrichment courses are offered weekly at KLA Brickell and are included in the tuition:
- Physical Education - Children develop gross motor skills, hand-eye coordination, healthy habits and teamwork. Running, hopping, jumping, and moving give children opportunities to express themselves physically while developing a range of skills.
- Spanish* - By incorporating a second language into daily routines, children are able to benefit from increased verbal communication, reasoning and even mathematical skills! As well as, basic conversational and environmental vocabulary and developing cultural awareness.
- Atelier - The Atelier (meaning Art Studio or Workshop in French) In the Atelier, your child will encounter different media that will progressively support their abilities to express their thoughts with any material.
- Music - Whether the children are singing, playing, or listening, teachers direct them to hear in new ways, which exercises their literacy and auditory perception. Playing instruments and adding movement to the lessons teaches children about sequential learning, which is essential in reading comprehension.
- Corporal Movement - We observe and recognize patterns of movement. Creating experiences through Space, Effort, and Relationships. Including explorations with silhouettes using light and visual projections, story-telling using nonverbal communication and an exploration of the elements (earth, water, wind, and fire,) and how they relate to our movement.
These classes offer children opportunities to expand upon their interests during their daily experiences.
*Spanish is incorporated in all classrooms throughout the day. In the Four’s, children receive special guidance in reading, writing and speaking Spanish.