Principal Candy Ortega, her husband, Roberto and a group of investors and educators founded KLA Schools in 2008.
From the Beginning
The first preschool to open was KLA Brickell in 2008 and then KLA began franchising in 2010. For Roberto and Candy, the desire to provide the best daycare with an inspiring curriculum, a nurturing environment, and quality education to children across America was deeply rooted.
KLA Brickell educators have attended several Reggio Emilia conferences in the US and internationally. Additionally, they have participated in the National Association for the Education of Young Children conference and have attended the North American Reggio Emilia Alliance Summer and Winter Conferences.
KLA Schools of Brickell has welcomed several consultants from Reggio Emilia, Italy including:
- Lella Gandini - educator and Reggio Children’s United States Liaison
- Amelia Gambetti - Reggio Emilia Liaison and consultant of the Reggio Emilia Approach
- Claudia Giuducci - Pedagogista and President of Reggio Children
- Francesca Manfredi - Atelierista at the Loris Malaguzzi International Center Preschool
- Moira Nicolossi - Pedagogista
- Marina Mori - Mentor and Teacher
- Elisabetta Rasori - Atelierista
Seminars & Events
In Fall 2015, KLA Brickell welcomed Amelia Gambetti where our teachers participated in a seminar to present their work with children.
Our teachers have also participated in seminars presenting their work with children to educators around the world.
In Spring of 2016, KLA Schools hosted the Wonders of Learning Exhibit in Miami, as a member of the Florida Reggio Collaborative and the North American Reggio Emilia Alliance.
Families, teachers and administrators of KLA Brickell had the pleasure of attending a variety of educational experiences including seminars lead by representatives from Reggio Emilia, Italy.